UPCOMING EVENTS and APPEARANCES:
- March 13: Saratoga Shining Stars compete at Annual Skate Challenge Competition in Cicero, N.Y.
- March 20: Saratoga Shining Stars and Saratoga Rising Stars perform at SSFSC’s end of year exhibition – “A Night in Paris!”
- March 26: Open House at 8 a.m. Learn about the team sport of synchronized skating! All skills and ages are encouraged to attend (no fee).
- May 14: Believe in Synchro Clinic! at the Clifton Park Ice Arena. World-champion Hayden Synchronized Skating Teams director and head coach, Saga Krantz, will join Saratoga Springs Synchronized Skating Teams director and head coach, Missy Williams, and others for a day filled with learning and fun. Details soon.
SSFSC’s Synchronized Skating Program has two synchronized ice skating teams for the 2015-2016 season:
- Saratoga Rising Stars – Beginner 2 Team (Exhibition)
- Saratoga Shining Stars – Pre-juvenile Team (Competition)
CONGRATULATIONS SHINING STARS: 11th overall at EASTERN SECTIONALS!
Saratoga Synchronized Skating is proud to be part of the 500+ synchronized teams registered with U.S. Figure Skating.
Synchronized Skating is the fastest growing discipline in the sport of figure skating today. It is a team sport in which 8-20 skaters perform a program characterized by speed, accuracy, intricate formations and breathtaking transitions.
Approximately 525 synchronized skating teams are registered with US Figure Skating and nearly 5,000 athletes participate annually in Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships. Saratoga Synchronized Skating is a dynamic and growing program comprised of skaters from Saratoga and the greater Capital District area.
Our skaters range in age from 7-17 and in ability from true beginner to the highest level of competitor. These talented young athletes spend many hours training on and off the ice each week to perfect their skills under the direction of dedicated coaches. The mission of Saratoga Synchronized Skating focuses not only on the development of skating skills, but also on the creation of a team environment that instills good sportsmanship and character development. Team members are active in the local community and give back to others through events such as Toys for Tots, the Macy’s Believe Campaign, and Holiday Mail for Troops.
The Saratoga Synchronized Skating Programs mission is to develop team and individual synchronized skills necessary to be competitive, to set individual and team goals that focus on excellence, not perfection, and to create an environment that instills good sportsmanship and character development.